Sunday, October 31, 2010

In this moment ...

I'm tempted to call this posting - "in real time" ... but that would risk a scathing reply or email from Katie over at "At The Half Note" for stealing her thing ... so, with a nod of respect to Katie for setting the bar, I'll continue by calling it "in this moment" instead ...

Coffee is poured ... cats are purring ... dogs are snoozing ... the house is relatively quiet ...

My sermon is done ... communion bread is ready ... and the day stands poised to begin ...

Today will be a full and busy day ... Anniversary service at 11 ... lunch at noon (or thereabouts) ... Covenanting Service at 2:30 ... then tea and fellowship ... tonight will be trick or treaters ... and along the way we quietly mark the beginning of my 44th year of life ...

Today I look back on many twists and turns ... more downs than I care to consider, and some marvelous ups ... I have some regrets, and more than a few unfulfilled dreams and aspirations ... I carry the wounds and scars of conflicts and altercations ... and yet through it all runs a faithful ribbon of hope that keeps me moving forward ... a faithful ribbon of hope that keeps me breathing ... a faithful ribbon of hope that tells me that life is about change and transformation and moving from the darkness into the light ...

Today I stand outside the tunnel for the first time in a very long time and can look back with relief and give thanks for this moment and all that is part of it ...

As the ancient prayer says - Dayenu !! Dayenu !!

In the quiet of this moment, as I consider all that is within my life, I feel blessed and content, and I can join in the chorus of 'Dayenu' !!

No comments: