Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some recent musings ...



One of the enjoyments of my life in the last couple of years has been the opportunities to write for the Westman(Wheat City) Journal, and for the Westman Parent Magazine. Both opportunities fell into my lap in round about ways, and while neither have managed to provide much in the way of monetary return, both have given me a rapidly growing portfolio of published articles to look back on with pride.

The most recent issue of Westman Parent, available throughout Brandon and WestMan, has four articles I've penned on a variety of "TABOO" topics including a fabulous interview with Canadian Sex Educator Meg Hickling, who through her presentations, books and interviews like mine, has been providing frank, honest and accurate information on human sexuality for folks of all ages.

All in all, I have enjoyed being able expand my voice through my published writings. And I am grateful to my publishers, editors and friends with these two publications for the help and support they've offered. It's been quite a journey, and it will continue ...

For now I offer links to two recent articles I've written for WestMan Parent on the value of Friendship ... one is looking back on the importance of friends I've encountered along the way, while the other is a reflection on what friendship is in an era of social networking, BFF's and other "friends" that fill our days ... I'll post more in the coming days ... but for now, I thank YOU - my online friends for being there with me through this long and arduous journey with all the ups and downs it has taken me on ...

Article One: I Love You Bro

Article Two: True Friends?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting note about Meg Hickling. I proposed bringing her to Bella Coola about 15 years ago. The School Board wouldn't consider it, and the PAC (Parents' Advisory Council) just didn't get it. I still believe that she is one of our generation's truly outstanding persons. Thumbs up to you for having talked to her.

John.