Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This is a rototiller ...

Today with a borrowed/loaned rototiller, I started turning the soil in my proposed backyard garden ... I was surprised AND delighted at how beautiful the dark dirt is ... Visions of veggies and edible plants are DEFINITELY dancing in my head ...

Other than a certain canine deciding that the mysterious implement is a NEW TOY ... one that would readily twirl her leash AND HER into a knot in a matter of seconds ... it was a wonderful experience to watch the soil be churned into garden !!!

Tomorrow my shovel and I will work at opening MORE of the grassed bits and turning it into garden space ... by this time Thursday I might have a presentable garden prepared for seeding and planting ... if only the temps would go about near-freezing !!!

It's been a good day ... spent the middle hours hanging with one of my favourite five year olds while his mom went shopping ... he kicked my butt (something HE took great delight in) in two games of Fish, several board games AND on Wii bowling ... many, five year olds are good to keep the ego from getting too big ...

Now between supper, soccer and bed, I NEED to get an overdue article done for Westman Parent ...

All in all, a good day !!

No comments: