Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Sprung...

For my 2000th post I had to - JUST HAD TO - use this morning's google header - I love Eric Carle, and the classic - Hungry Caterpillar, so when I saw it this morning, I couldn't resist the temptation to use it for today's posting ...

Mind you, I don't have a whole lot to offer ... it's been a busy month ...

I organized the Iain De Jong presentation that was well received and well attended, but now the challenge is to get the middle managers in Brandon who see value in maintaining the status quo to embrace the opportunity that changing the paradigm and altering the method of HOW we deal with the homeless and at risk of homelessness population ... I carry no illusions - we can't get most of these folks to open their eyes to the reality that our population in Westman is changing dramatically and drastically with the massive influx of new immigrants who are changing the fabric of our community ... so I doubt they will actively embrace the change that is INEVITABLE ... but enough of us are interested, eager and ready ... CHANGE WILL COME !!

Then it was the preparation of the final report for my position and the contract we've been operating under ...

Along the way I've been writing for a new local magazine ...

AND I've trying to keep juggling the other bits of my life ... some well, some not so much ...

Today though, I take a jaunt to Ontario for some time with my mom and extended family before heading to Ottawa for a Homelessness Conference ...

Right now, with spring sprung, I feel overwhelmed by the work I've been doing and the rest of the stuff I need to do before I JET this afternoon ...

BUT, taking stock of everything - I feel very content with my life as it is ... it's ALL GOOD.

Talk to you later ... likely from Ontario ... watch for shots from the enchanted corners I once called home, along with more than a few shots of Stratford's eccentric swans and other springy scenes !!

Peace

No comments: