Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The amusement of small things ...

Yesterday Noahkila and I spent sometime moving boxes of books into the basement, and getting other books on the shelves in the Study/Noahkila's room at my little house ...

He lugged, with great difficulty a couple of VERY VERY heavy boxes down the stairs as I piled more at the top of the steps ... He complained about the weight of the boxes and commented that he could be crushed if he wasn't careful on the stairs ...

I stacked two very large and very heavy boxes of books at the top of the stairs, then found three very large and VERY EMPTY boxes which I then placed on top of the first two ... As Noahkila came up the stairs and saw the looming pile of boxes to be moved he said - "you can't be serious."

"Oh it won't be that bad ..." and as I spoke I knocked the top three boxes DOWN the stairs !!

I WISH I had a camera in town to record the look of absolute HORROR that washed over Noahkila's face as the three boxes tipped down the stairs towards him ... he shrieked - "Nnnnnooooo!!!!" and reached out to block the falling cardboard ...

The look of horror then changed quickly to surprise and relief as the EMPTY boxes bounced into his outstretched arms ... Looking up at me he tried to reclaim the cool teen persona as he said flatly - "YOU SUCK!!!!" ... for my part I was doubled over with laughter ...

Noahkila doesn't share my contention that it was an immensely hilarious practical joke ... although he does smile at the recollection, and methinks his "ha ha, it was hilarious," belies an enjoyment of a good practical joke, even if HE was the butt of it ...

That's why I love my boy ... he knows how to take a joke !!!!
.

No comments: