Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A comment that made me blush ...

I found the comment posted below left on my blog ... It TRULY is worth sharing ...

Moments like this inspire me and remind me WHY? I have been writing this blog and putting up with all the crap that has been flung my way by frightened, small minded and spite filled people ... For everyone of them there is a Nadia out there who deserves to be respected and cared about, and who understands that God is not a vengeful petty tyrannt like too many in the institution that is the Church have perpetuated a belief in ...

I was left humbled and blown away ... if the author of this comment is a 16 year old girl, she is a young woman wise beyond her ears, and I am honoured she has stopped by:

I know this comment is late compared to the others... I know this comment is late compared to the others...

But I just recently discovered GOD HATES GOTHS. It saddened me almost instantly. For hours I prayed this man would be forgiven for his hatred. I fear that he will be scolded, rather than the teenagers who dress in black...

I am 16, yet I have experienced this ridicule all my life. I fell into the gothic lifestyle at the young age of 9, never left it. However, I am also a baptized Mormon. This raised even more havoc, since the word Mormon is all too often mislabeled as a bad religion. I have heard comments saying I don't believe in God to I must be a whore because my religion allows polygamy, which it DOES NOT.

I do not focus my entire life on spirituality, but I am indeed spiritual.

God isn't the cruel being the owner of GODHATESGOTHS describes... God has loved all of his children, even me, though I have strayed away so many times...

It's just hard hearing adults say such close-minded and horrible things...

He reminds me of the schizophrenics you hear about on television, justifying murder with their claims that the Lord told them to do so...

Thank you for having a warm and loving heart, the heart a man of God SHOULD have...

<3>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn:

You've devoted a fair bit of space recently to items about "Goths" and what they AREN'T. Did it occur to you that some of us might not have the faintest idea what you're talking about? How about something that tells us what they ARE?

John.