Saturday, August 16, 2008

Looking back ... looking forward ...


I began yesterday rising early and driving up to a camp at Riding Mountain National Park where a group of young people brought together for a leadership training camp were readying themselves to head home ... we arrived and after coffee and refreshments began the task of loading the kids and their stuff up for their respective drives into the four directions ...

There were many tears as these young people said good bye to friends, who a week earlier were strangers ... the success of the RYLA programme shines forth in these moments, when we send back to their communities young men and women who are ready to take on leadership roles in their schools and communities, and use the newly acquired skills and friendships to assist them in this ...

My van load of kids was quiet for the first twenty minutes or so ... the soft sound of sobbing and the whispered - "STOP CRYING!! You're making me cry!!"

The rest of the three hour trip was filled with laughter and giggles as they recalled their camp and had their last conversations before departing with their parents in Winnipeg ...

In Winnipeg, Ms H and I had a chance after dropping the kids off, to hit a couple of stores and pick up some needed things for the new house ... a compost bin first and foremost ... we DO have to start planning for these gardens !!!

The drive home was quiet, with Ms H sleeping most of the way ... I think she is still catching up from her time at camp ...

In the evening though my life took an unexpected turn ... a provocative employment offer was put before me ... and my horoscope brought a smile to my face and a laughing - "OH I WISH !!" escaped my lips ...

Last night I went for a very very long walk under the full moon and offered all of the aspects of my life up to God and the cosmos with the simple prayer - "Guide me to where you want me to be God ..." I'll entrust it all into God's hands, and see what happens ... for now though, I can look back on a great day filled with laughter and fun and the whisper of HOPE ...

Oh and the horoscope??
It read:

A romantic quest you began long ago now has some extremely interesting developments. You thought you gave up on a dream, but embers have been glowing in your heart all of these years inextinguishably.

Haven't seen any hint of it yet ... but one just never knows ... that's what hope is ALL about!!

No comments: