Saturday, June 14, 2008

A little bet ...

I realized earlier this week that it has been a VERY, VERY, VERY long time since I last bit my fingernails ... I was in the middle of trimming them with proper utensils when I had the thought ... So, I went looking and eventually found the point of no return where I made a "little bet" with a friend, and started down a new road ...

Back on the 21st of November 2007, I was sent a Meme to reply to, and one of the "confessions" I offered was "biting my fingernails", something that drove me crazy and that I wanted to stop ... In the comments section that was picked up upon and a challenge was offered ... (view the posting here)

Looking back it really wasn't that hard to do ... I simply stopped ... I haven't bitten my nails since ... I doubt the bet will ever be fulfilled ... WHATEVER ?!?! ... I feel much better about myself knowing that I managed in my 40th year to break a habit that has long dogged me and is finally gone ...

Now if I could only stop biting my toe nails !!??

(kidding!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

myself a nail biter and picker... i got acrylic nails! instant cure!
too bad i didnt find out til well over 40 years old....