Monday, June 02, 2008

Good Taste in SPACE ...


When I was a student at Queens' Theology College and living in residence at Harkness Hall, one of the benefits that came with having friends in Montreal to visit was returning to residence with my car filled with bags and bags and bags of fresh Montreal Bagels ... preparation for a trip to Montreal required the taking of bagel orders from my floor mates and neighbours throughout the building ...

I remember one trip taking in particular that saw me return down the 401 with the entire backseat of my 74 Duster covered in paper bags carrying 14 DOZEN Bagels from a bakery in Outremont ... the smell of the fresh, still warm bagels, made the 3 hour drive interesting to say the very least ... But when I pulled up in front of my residence the car was unloaded in about 12 seconds ... and there were A LOT of very happy Grad students that afternoon ...

So, I could REALLY relate to a story I found on line this weekend about Canadian Astronaut Gregory Chamitoff carrying fresh Montreal Bagels into orbit when the Space Shuttle Discovery blasted off this past weekend ... (click her to read the story)

Turns out he's carrying three six packs of fresh baked bagels to share at the International Space Station ... it's the kind of commitment that I can understand completely ... after having tasted Montreal Bagels, I don't question it for a moment.

Way to GO Gregory !!!
.

No comments: