Saturday, June 21, 2008

An evening stroll through the gardens ...

A few pics from a walk around the gardens tonight ... I LOVE Bleeding Hearts ... and the white lilac is a Russian variety that began it's life in Bella Coola, and has moved with us to Langely and then here to Minnedosa ... it FINALLY bloomed after 14 years !!!!

And Yes, Katie, the blooms are as fragrant as they are lovely ... I too love Lilacs ... but alas, I find the fragrance does love me ... it wreaks havoc with my allergies !!

My parking spot in Brandon was in a spot that was overhung with the ubiquitous and exquisite old fashioned purple lilacs ... pulling in every morning was a treat ... to open the door and step out only to be greeted by the scent of Lilacs!!! What a great way to begin the day !!!

For now - enjoy the walk through our gardens, beginning with some selections from Beetle's garden, then moving on to the kitchen garden along the south side of the house outside the kitchen window ...








No comments: