Wednesday, June 25, 2008

20 Books I've enjoyed over the last year ... round two

Last June for some reason I listed the 20 books that I enjoyed most over the last year ... I intended to offer my new list of 20 for this past year on the one year anniversary of that posting ... but like Mr Lennon said - "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans ..."

So, a few days AFTER the one year anniversary, I offer the following list of 20 books that I have read and enjoyed over the last year ... For interest sake - my reading has slowed considerably of late ... I managed to read only 65 books in the last year ... but looking back - my life has been filled with a myriad of other things that pushed reading to the side ... for now though - my list:

(in NO Particular order)

Anger by Thich Nhat Hanh
Deafening by Frances Itani
The Whale Rider by Witi Ihimaera
The Beggar by Naquib Mahfouz
Bitter Chocolate by Carol Off
The Sportswriter by Richard Ford
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
The Broken Body by Jean Vanier
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
Scattered Minds by Gabor Mate MD
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
The Hat Box Letters by Beth Powning
Kiss of the Fur Queen by Thomson Highway
Fifteen Days by Christine Blatchford
Our Lady of the Forest by David Guterson
When The Heart Waits by Sue Monk Kidd
Overcoming Life's Disappointments by Rabbi Harold Kushner
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

and an honourable mention to Feed My Dear Dogs by Emma Richler that I signed out of the Library on October 25th 2007 and FINALLY finished on June 14th 2008 !!!

No comments: