Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A week of milestones ...

Today one of my favourite people turns
the ripe old age of 9!!!!

9 is a good number,

and a GOOD age.

I remember the day she arrived in our lives.

M woke up in the pre-dawn hours and went into the ensuite bathroom

in our house in Langley, I was awoken to her calls for help.

Her water had broken ALL OVER the BATHROOM.

We called the mid-wife, M got in the shower,

and her mom cleaned the bathroom while we waited for the Mid-wife.

Later after the Mid-wife came and checked her and said

"everything was fine", M went down stairs and we waited

with CBC overnight playing on the radio while contractions came and went.

By 7:00 the contractions were closer together,

the mid-wife was called as M went back into the shower ...

... later, at around 7:50 the Mid-wife quietly came down the stairs and said:

"Get the van ready and as close to the door as you can ..."

WE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL AS FAST AS WE

LEGALLY COULD ... we whipped M out and into a wheelchair

and into the hospital.

Aside from an argument with a self-appointed traffic cop

about where I could and couldn't park ...

HE IGNORED MY VERY PREGNANT WIFE GETTING OUT OF THE VAN

AS HE WARNED ME THAT I WAS IN A 'NO PARKING' SPOT !!!

Eventually I got parked in a proper spot, and made it in to the labour room,

had I been five minutes later, I would have missed

the arrival of my second daughter:


Who came into the world on May 20th 1999!!!

Happy Birthday my Darling!!!

No comments: