Thursday, May 22, 2008

To Boldly Go ...

Every once in a while I read something in the headlines that just makes me feel good about the direction our world is heading ... The usual diet of bad news stories of violence, conflict and suffering gets pushed aside by something that can only be described as GOOD NEWS.

Yesterday I stumbled across just such a story ...

The headline was: "Mr Sulu of Star Trek to wed manager"

The story explained that because of the recent court ruling legalizing same sex marriages in the state of California, Geroge Takei and his partner of 21 years Brad Altman are intending to marry.

My only response was (and remains) - COOL !!!!

This is the kind of world I want to live in ... one of acceptance, understanding and ENLIGHTENMENT !!

I'm no Pollyanna - I know there's work to be done, but step by step, day by day, decision by decision - our world is getting better and better, in spite of itself !!!

Congratulations of George and Brad, and may you have 21 PLUS years of wedded bliss!!!

No comments: