Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One of My Favourite Pictures ...

This was taken in the summer of 2006,
we took a whale watching tour out of Telegraph Cove BC
just before we loaded the van
and started heading back to Manitoba ...
little did I know then where the road would lead us ...
... Looking back, it's been an interesting journey ...
There was something poignant about this picture
then and now.
Things were changing ... events were unfolding ...
and our lives were about to take
some very unexpected twists and turns.
BUT this picture reminds us (and them)
of the most important thing you have through it all:
The Gift of Family.
Others may abandon you,
but your family in spite of challenges and difficulties,
will always be there loving you unconditionally.
Today Beetle turns 9
Tomorrow Noahkila turns 14,
(Ms H's September B-Day should not be forgotten either)
and not a day goes by when I don't think
how lucky and blessed I am to have them in my life.
They've made it ALL worthwhile.
It's been an intersting journey,
but I'm glad I have these three travelling companions!!
Love ya guys !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pic..so sweet!
happy birhdays to both dear ones!
wendy