Thursday, May 01, 2008

One Down ... One MORE Apology to GO !!

In the name of FAIRNESS and out respect for her and the office she holds as our MLA, I wwould like to publicly commend Ms Rowat, the MLA for the Minnedosa Souris Riding in which I currently live, for a speedy and appropriate apology in response to her slip of the tongue ...

I was glad to read this story (click here for the FULL CBC story) online today and to hear that Ms Rowat HAD INDEED apologized in the Legislature for her comment.

That's a class act!!!

When you say something you should never have said - an apology is not only necessary, it is appreciated ... I only wish some of our neighbours our riding would follow her lead and offer the apologies they OWE to myself AND OTHERS ... but while I'm dreaming, I'll hope for world peace ... and an end to the conflicts in the Middle East !!!!

Now it would seem that the only one who hasn't stepped up to the table yet is Mr McFadyen ... I hope he does SOON ... he tried to defend the indefensible ... but even in that, I can only say a hearty thanks to Leanne for having the grace, dignity and courage to stand up and apologize for her comment that was a very GOOD THING. I don't share with Mr Shannacappo the insistence that Leanne should resign - her apology was good enough for me - not the rest is up to Mr McFadyen.

From CBC:
Leanne Rowat, the Conservative MLA for Minnedosa and aboriginal affairs critic, called out "wine and beer" when a cabinet minister used the word "sustenance" in a debate about aboriginal fishing in the house last Thursday.

Rowat apologized for the remark Wednesday in the legislature.

"The context of the statement made last Thursday was made not to be malicious, it was made in jest to the Spirited Energy campaign,"she said.

"If I offended anybody based on the comments that were made, I apologize for that."

No comments: