Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dammit ...

.

I hate it when I read something that hit TOO close to home ... but with measured reflection, I know that I've been guided to it for a reason, and the challenge before me is to wrestle with my feelings and my response and to get to a better place ...

.

This week I read a passage (one I had read previously and marked with the word 'ouch!! this hits a little too close to home!!') and realized that I had read the words and recognized the truth in the words, but I never took the next step ... Yesterday acknowledging the reality of a very active, very dense pain body that I have been feeding through my thoughts and actions made me realize the profound truth in Tolle's words:

.

Sometimes people with such dense pain-bodies become activists fighting for a cause. The cause may indeed be worthy ad they are sometimes successful at first in getting things done; however, the negative energy that flows into what they say and do and their unconscious need to enemies and conflict tend to generate increasing opposition to their cause. Usually they end up creating enemies within their own organization, because wherever they go, they find reasons for feeling bad, ad so their pain-body continues to find exactly what it is looking for. (A New Earth, pg 152)

.
Yup ... a little too close to home ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems so sad to me... your music that was so important to you,your marriage perhaps ending, your kids that are and will continue to be so very important to you!

I wish your marriage wasn't ending. As a child of divorce, divorce is brutal on the kids, no matter how civil.

Anyway, your blog is always interesting, if sad.

ps: i did pay a quick visit to Chipperdale's and it was indeed a fine coffee shop! (Hubby and I had a flying visit to Manitoba and were impressed by the beauty of the Prairies.)

All the best...
ps: I have given up blogging, it got too personal...

Sallie Ledoux