Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life with Ms H ...

Life with three kids is seldom boring ... but lately Ms H has been providing moments of levity that are worth sharing ...

Yesterday I called home on my cell to be greeted with the following dialogue:
"Bonjour? Comment ca va?"
"Pardon?" I replied.
"Um," came the voice at the other end of the phone, "I mean, 'Hello?' ..."
"Are you doing French homework by chance?" I asked.
"Why?" came the conspiratorial toned response.
"Oh, NO reason ..."

Earlier in the week my cell phone rang and when I answered it I was greeted with the melodious sound of singing in the background ...
"Hello?" I said.
"Hi!" came the reply.
"Were you singing?" I asked.
"Yeah ..."
"Why?" I asked.
"Cause I was waiting for you to answer ..." in reply, no doubt with a roll of the eyes.

Many months ago M told the girls that if they EVER have problems with boys "just kick 'em in the nuts" - advice, that as the father of two girls I can't really argue with. If boys are gonna mess with my GIRLS they are taking their chances !!!

The unfortunate down side though, is that too often the target of Ms H's well place and very HARD kicks tends to be her brother ... and on occassion ME ... once she and I were arguing in her bedroom about something and when she refused to cooperate I stepped towards her at the PRECISE moment she lifted her foot in a round house kick ...

SHE connected - VERY WELL ... and dropped me to my knees. As I curled into a fetal position she said softly - "Oops, I didn't mean to do THAT ..."

At that point it was irrelevant ... the damage was done ... and in retrospect, it was pretty funny ... and no lasting harm, except to my ego was inflicted.

But the ALL-TIME topper came a few weeks ago when Ms H and I were bickering in the kitchen about something. I don't remember the context nor the content, but the show-stopper came when she, with hands on her hips and one foot lifted from the floor said with fire in her eyes:

"DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO WEAR A CUP IN YOUR OWN HOUSE?????"

.

Pretty Much says it all doesn't it ???

AND she wasn't kidding !!!

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definately not BORING in your home Shawn. Thanks for the laugh! Sorry, but couldn't help myself.

Cathy

AMGallegos said...

>>"DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO WEAR A CUP IN YOUR OWN HOUSE?????"

This has to be the funniest line I've seen on the Internet in a long time!