Saturday, March 08, 2008

The journey ...

I realized this morning that I am very skilled at helping OTHERS see the journey they are on in small, easy pieces ... Instead of being overwhelmed by the apparent mountain that lies before them, I offer encouragement to them to see the journey, not as a whole, but as a series of small manageable steps ...

I remind them to focus on what lies ahead, and to leave what is behind in the past ...

I say that if you keep focused on the present STEP, suddenly you will look up and find out you've reached the top of the mountain and all of the stresses you feared will have been non-existent ...

I share these words numerous times with friends, family and those who happen across my path ... I've spoken them as a parent, as a partner, as a friend, and as a professional ... I've believed them ...

But this morning I realized that I have never been good at practising them for myself ...

Talk has been cheap, and I've fallen into the trap of "do as I say, not as I do ..."

Today I have to change that ... I know what I want in life ... I know what I want to feel inside ... and I know those things are achievable and they will happen ... my challenge is to end the paralysis that has come from my fear, and instead take this journey ONE STEP AT A TIME ... and focus on this moment and not worry about the destination ... and not worry about the things I've done in the past ...

I will offer my apologizes where they are necessary ... I will take my lumps where appropriate ... and in the fullness of time those people who I truly care for and care about, and who are my friends will find their way through to remain present in my life ...

I WILL LIVE AT MY EDGE, and I WILL embrace my fears and live a fulfilling life - ONE STEP AT A TIME !!!

.



No comments: