Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Not quite THAT BAD ... YET !!!

One of the first things I've been busy doing is researching, accessing, reading and printing recent and current studies into poverty and homelessness in Canada ...

I've spent time the last couple of days reading a HUGE variety of web pages, studies and research papers about the state of poverty and homeless across Canada and I was absolutely blown away by how bad things really are ... my desk is awash in print versions of these tomes and I've begun pulling pertinent bits and pieces out of them to undergird the work of the committee I'm now working for ...

It's a daunting task ... it's a far reaching problem and there are no simple solutions ... but along with stacks and stacks of paper work I have begun to connect with a multitude of people who want to see more than words offered as a solution ...

Stay tuned ... in the coming days I will share some of the links and papers with you ... and who knows? Maybe together we can ALL be part of the solutions that are so desperately needed ...

No comments: