Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My wish tonight ...

I have a friend I care about deeply ... their life has been in a place of profound change and turmoil ... Over the last couple of years they have experienced more than their fair share of life's ups AND downs ...

But through it all they have been maintained an amazing disposition and have shown such strength it is truly amazing ... to say they have been an inspiration to me is an understatement ...

My one regret is that we keep stumbling over our words and instead of being able to say how proud I am of ALL that they have achieved and continue to accomplish, I end up consistently saying the WRONG things ...

My wish tonight is that I could somehow find the words to tell a very precious friend how much they mean to me, and how fortunate I feel to have them as a friend ... I am truly in awe of the evolution they are experiencing, and I constantly stand amazed at the person they not only are, but continue to be ...

Maybe tonight I'll find the words to say that ...

1 comment:

shauna said...

Go for it, Shawn! It sounds like the person you wish you talk to would appreciate what's in your heart and recognize your intentions, regardless of how eloquent they may or may not be (and I have a hard time imagining them NOT being eloquent). Good luck!