Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Meme Challenge ... recieved and accepted ...

For some reason I feel like I did when I was 6 or 7 and playing Duck, Duck, Goose in the gym at Bedford School back in Stratford ... the hand has touched me with the words "Goose" and the chase is on ... I've been tagged by "My Own Woman" from The Perpetual Search for Personal Nirvana.


Her instructions in this are simple:


"Everyone does these Meme things and I've decided to start one. It's easy so don't get your panties all up in a bunch. Here are the rules: List ONE desire that you have if you could live in a perfect world, then send a link to ONE person who will then copy your desire and add ONE desire of his won that he/she would want in his/her perfect world. He/She will then link ONE person who will add his/her perfect world item.....and on and on. Make sure you leave the name of the person you linked so everyone can see who you linked and what the perfect world will contain."


"In My Own Woman's perfect world people of all sexes, creeds, race, and sexual orientation would live in perfect harmony with each other. Hate crimes against such people would be a note in a history book so as not to be repeated. "


So ... now I have to come up with my one desire ... and pass it on to someone to add to it ... (I like this Meme ... I'm definitely up for it!!) ...


Let's see ... in The Prairie Preacher's perfect world, I would definitely and absolutely affirm what My Own Woman has offered ... but I would add as my one desire that instead of easily speaking words like respect, care, faith, love and so on, EVERYONE would live out those words through thier actions ... if we claim to be a person of faith, our lives will reflect that faith in ALL things ... or if we join a service club with a code of ethics or a value statement we don't just speak the words and ignore them, but we LIVE them with every action, and every breathe ... My desire in a perfect world would be to see ALL PEOPLE live the words they speak and no longer be so hypocritical.


Now, I pass this on to my blogger pal Shauna over a "Up in the Night" to use her creative powers to add to this Meme ... (I would like to have sent it to Jaydee, Blake, Candyfliesgirl, Dina AND a dozen others to see what they would add ... but My Own Woman said ONE ... so I did some creative randomizing and Shauna came out on top...)

So ... let's sit back and see where this goes ... and maybe if enough of us join in, this perfect world we all envision could be a step closer ...

Peace y'all !!

2 comments:

shauna said...

Sounds fabulous! I'm in the middle of another post right now but I'll do the meme tomorrow. Thanks for the chance.

shauna said...

I did the meme http://belknapkids.blogspot.com/2008/02/introspective-meme.html), but I think it may have stopped there. So sorry--I thought it was a great writing prompt...