Monday, February 04, 2008

In the hands of the Cosmos ...

The other day I offered up a post reflecting on the importance of a song by Elton John to my life's journey, both past and currently ... The song "I'm Still Standing" is, as I said a personal favourite since the first time I heard it many years ago ...

Today, coming back from appointments in Winnipeg I decided to call a friend I hadn't talked to for awhile on my cell ... as we got caught up on life and the happenings in our respective worlds we talked about the challenges our life journeys sometimes toss our way ... we laughed, we danced along the edge of shedding a few tears (at least I did), and we reaffirmed a friendship that has been a gift and a blessing ...

The conversation covered a lot of territory ... As I hungup I had the realization that life is best lived entrusted FULLY to the hands of the cosmos while focusing on the potential of today rather than getting hung up on the battles of yesterday and the fears of tomorrow ... we said our good byes and I tucked my phone in my pocket. I reached over and turned up the radio in the van only to hear Elton John's song "I'm Still Standing" playing on the Winnipeg radio station I was tuned to ...

You can't tell me THAT song in THAT moment wasn't a sign from the cosmos ... Like Sir Elton says - "I'm still standing better than I ever did. Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid. I'm still standing after all this time !!!"

I AM still standing ... and after the last couple of years, that counts for A LOT.

AND a HUGE THANKS to my friends for helping make THIS possible !!!

No comments: