Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wait for it ...

Last week we opened a parcel from our dear friend and winner of the Poetry Contest over at Nunavut Nonsense, WinterBeach (aka Indigo) - inside was four packages of the wasabi peas pictured above ...

I opened one of them an gave them a try ... They ARE definitely SPICY ...

Given that we are fans of Japanese cuisine, particularly sushi, the flavour of wasabi appeals to me - so I thoroughly enjoyed my first sample of the peas.

I then decided to pull Noahkila into my proverbial web ... he was crashed out on the couch watching tv. I approached him with three or four of the peas in hand and said:

"Here, try these..." offering my hand to him.

"What are they ??" he asked reaching out and taking the peas.

"A new snack food from Auntie Indigo,"

Sniffing the peas he asked,"What flavour are they?"

"Just try them..."

Noahkila shrugs and pops the peas in his mouth and starts chewing.
"Mmmmmm," he hums, "not bad."

"WAIT for it,"I say smiling.

Suddenly his eyes open VERY wide and he jumps from the couch and runs to the kitchen to gulp back several glasses of water followed by a glass of milk.

Standing at the sink, eyes watering and sputtering he smiled through the burning and says proudly - "Those are REALLY good!!"

Since then he and I have polished off the first bag ...

Thanks Indigo - as the tiger used to say: "They're Grrrreat !!!"

No comments: