Monday, January 28, 2008

Like a phoenix rising ...

It has been a tough weekend for me on an emotional level ... without going into the why ... or the what ... I will leave it that I had a bit of crash for a number of varied and diverse reasons ...

Yesterday was a bit better, and today got better still ... today I've been thinking about the Mythic Phoenix who offers the image of resurrection in action ... consumed by fire the Phoenix recreates itself from the ashes and flies again ... life will ALWAYS triumph ...

I've realized that it has been a very long two years of turmoil and trauma ... but slowly, one step at a time ... one moment after another ... sometimes even one breath at a time .... I've made my way through it ... the journey hasn't ended yet ... but today over a handshake and with the reciept of a big pile of paper, I found myself standing before a door that has opened in recent days behind which lies an exciting new adventure full of possibility and potential ...

I'm not sure what lies ahead ... but in one area of my life possibilities and potentials seemingly abounds with some excitement from all sides ...

I wish I could say more ... in time all will be revealed ... for the moment, with a sheaf of papers in hand - this phoenix is definitely rising from the ashes !!!

Life goes on ... and today it is looking a helluva lot better than it has in a VERY long time ...

1 comment:

shauna said...

Shawn--all this suspense in killing me. Let me just say--your story gives me hope. Today I was looking at my life thinking, "This is what it comes to?" It was such a hopeless thought that left me imagining a dismal future. But now you demonstrate that while it may take time, you can regain hope and access to a future full of possibility and excitement. Good for you, Shawn. You deserve it.