Saturday, January 05, 2008

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ...

The last few days Ms H has taken up residency in the kitchen as a chef whipping up culinary creations that were in a word: "DELICIOUS !!!"

A lemony cream cheese & whipped cream dip to go with a platter of fresh fruit, and a dilly sour cream veggie dip with a platter of fresh veggies were the initial offerings she placed before us, and now cook books have book marks for future cooking sessions ...

The funny thing for me was watching her and realizing she had picked up a habit of mine ... when I'm in the kitchen puttering around I toss a tea towel over my shoulder so I can wipe my fingers, clean up a mess and generally just have a tea towel at the ready ... I realized that Ms H. NOW does the same thing ... she was puttering around the kitchen with a tea towel over her shoulder ...

Kinda made me proud ... I hope she comes to enjoy the creativity of the culinary arts as much as I do ...

No comments: