Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Musical Pause in a Busy Day ...

Tonight as the school the various Bands that are part of the Music programme in town played their winter concert.

It was delightful to watch the youngest group (where Ms H plays clarinet) offer their talents. Not every note was hit perfectly, but the kids enjoyed themselves.

Noahkila played with the grade 7&8 Band and they did a beautiful job.

Then following them came the Jazz Band Programmes players with a number of beautiful pieces played by the kids. And the show concluded with the 76 member (1/3 of the High School) Band playing ... they played Psalm42 and it brought tears to my eyes ... and rocked the place out ...

Tonight though, I'm not feeling much like blogging... I lead a 4H cooking class with Ms H and two other young people - we whipped together a yummy batch of Lazy Man Perogies for dinner in three houses ...They turned out very, very well !!! And tomorrow I have to be up and at the Hospital by 8 am for a medical procedure that is ironically appropriate after the week I've had ...
So, instead of blogging I offer you the following jazz interlude for your listening(and watching pleasure) - I found it via an entry Katie put up over on "At the Half Note" where this group of Japanese girls was playing Mingus' The Haitian Fight Song - it's worth checking out too. For the moment -Cut'n'Run:

No comments: