Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Pittance of Time ...

This song ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes ... When I hear it, I think of my Grandfather, my dear friends Laverne, Jim and the dozens of men and women I have had had the honour of meeting who have served our country on land, in the air, and on the sea ...

.

The men and women who have served in places with names like Yrpes, Vimy, The Somme, Dieppe, Hong King, Cassino, Juno, Kapyong, Cyprus, Sinai, Bosnia, and now Afghanistan ...

.

This weekend many stories crowd into my thoughts ... stories carried in the hearts and minds of men who came home and never forgot those they left behind, and the horrors of war they endured on our behalf ...

.

Tomorrow we ALL should take a pittance of time to remember:

.


LEST WE FORGET !!

2 comments:

shauna said...

A beautiful tribute, Shawn.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that video on your blog. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. The flag draped coffins here have a different flag on them, but the sacrifice is just the same.

God Bless

Mary