Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yummy "New" Culinary Discovery !!!

Tonight after swimming lessons, we sat down for a dinner of turkey soup ... the bones went into the slow cooker yesterday, and today the onions, veggies, lentils, barley, noodles, a spoonful of sweet potato, and a generous dollop of gravy, went in the pot ... to accompany our meal I popped into a store picked up a couple of loaves of fresh bread (I had planned on baking my own, but got way-layed) and some fancy cheeses like Edam, Camembert and cheddar ...

It was a spread fit for a king!!

One of the discovers I made in the cheese section of the store though was a package like the one pictured above ... CHEESE CURDS !!!!! Of all the foods left behind in southern Ontario, third only to Maple Syrup and Stratford-made chocolates comes CHEESE CURDS as a missed food ... but today I discovered that a dairy south of Winnipeg not only produces Cheese Curds, but has packaged them and made them available in a local grocery store !!!!

Bothwell Cheese even puts the curds in a funky package that appeals to kids (particularly wee Beetle who was determined the make her curds squeak ... unfortunately the bag ran out of curds first ... maybe next bag !!), and there is nothing in them but CHEESY goodness !!!

The whole meal met with a resounding YUM !!!

1 comment:

shauna said...

I love cheese curds. When I was younger we would visit my father's family in Boise, Idaho where they have a cheese factory. We would always buy a bag of cheese curds ("squeaky cheese" as we called it) for the ride home.

Your blog is making me hungry tonight!