Friday, October 26, 2007

Today ...

The sun was shining,
the temperature was in the mid to high teens C,
and it was a beautiful day for a bike ride.
I only did about 24 kms today ...
BUT
I managed to find a route that was uphill, with the wind going,
and uphill AGAINST the wind coming back,
I still can't figure out how I found a route that is
like the oft told old joke:
up hill BOTH ways - but it is !!!
And it was a wonderful work out on my bike.
THEN,
this afternoon I submitted my first two stories
to a writing contest I learned about last week,
AND
went to the Aboriginal Writers Festival
at Brandon University to hear
Tomson Highway share a reading.
After the evenings event I was giving Tomson
a ride home to Minnedosa,
so he took me to the Participants' Reception and introduced me
to many of the First Nations and Metis writers
who are attending and involved in this
Festival that is happening all weekend in Brandon.
It was a simply INCREDIBLE day and evening.
One I won't soon forget !!!!!

No comments: