Sunday, October 21, 2007

A River So Wide ...

There have been MANY, MANY days in the last couple of years when I've felt swept away by events in my life that are beyond my control ... I've over reacted to things, I've made foolish decisions, and I've tilted at the wrong DAMNED windmills ...

I've been abused, misused, taken for granted and dumped on ...

I've made mistakes compounded by mistakes, I've chosen some friends poorly, and I've done incredibly stupid things ...

My life is in a place of turmoil and transition ... the last three years have been anything but settled ... but what has hurt most is the utter nonsense being spoken about me ... lies, gossip, and untruths are passed around the tables of local coffee shops as true, with no consideration of the effect such tripe has on my life, and the lives of others ... I just wish my life was as interesting as the coffee shop chatter has made it out to be ...

In the face of such small minded foolishness, I've hopped on my bike and pushed my mp3 player in my ears and headed off, trusting in God to see me through ... The music has been a balm ... a soothing presence that has continued to whisper hope in the darkest of moments ...

Pounding Rock beats have carried me up the steepest hills ... haunting jazz has danced with me across the undulating prairies ... and rippling folk songs have lifted my spirits, my heart and brought strength to rubbery legs ... But more than ALL of that, many of the songs loaded on my mp3 have spoken to my soul and offered me that whisper of HOPE ...

One song in particular (the one below) has helped to remind me that when the currents swirling around me threaten to sweep me away, and when folks are trying to stomp on my tenuous finger grip to set me adrift in the roiling waters, that time will see us through ...

I offer this as a celebration of the journey of wholeness and healing I've been on for many months, a journey that continues ... BUT most of all I offer it to those who come to my blog and read my words with an open and caring mind and may find themselves in a place where the ebb and flow of life seems poised to overwhelm them ... The river is wide, and the waters are deep ... but in time, we will be free ...

Tiller's Folly is one of my favourite Celtic Folk Bands from BC ... So, as a means of saying "Thank You" to those who read these words as a supporter, and fan I can only say - "Enjoy" and Good Luck on your journey. Remember, you're NOT alone:

No comments: