Sunday, October 07, 2007

Labelling ...

Anyone else who grew up in the 70's, have fond memories of owning and playing with a Dymo Labelmaker???

My brother Scott had the heavy duty industrial version that our Dad had once used to label everything with little strips of blue and red label tape ... He wouldn't let me play with it ... so I had to wait until I GOT ONE OF MY OWN !!!

It finally happened one Christmas when I got my very own Label Maker ... I may be mistaken, but I think mine was a gift from my Big Brother Bill one Christmas along with my first three Star Wars Figurines (I wish I still had R2-D2, C3P0 and Darth Vader in their original 1977 packaging ... I could likely retire with them !!), or it could have come from our friends in Chicago ... it had a funky blue and green swirl pattern tape ... and I think it was purple ...

But what I remember most of all was labelling - EVERYTHING !!! I may have even tried labelling the Dog ... I happily spent hours twisting the plastic print wheel and cranking out metres and metres and metres of little plastic labels that still turn up at Mom's house in the strangest of places ...

Today, I took some time to plunge into the archives of this Blog and stick labels on some of my previous entries ... There are many more to go ... but I got a good start at it ... Feel free to explore the labels an see what you find ... I enjoyed the process ... though it WASN'T as fun as cranking the little plastic wheel and squeezing the handle to create the ubiguitous Dymo labels ...

Hmmm ... Next time I'm home, I'll have to looking for the label maker ... I have a few things here that could use a label or two ... I'm sure it's at mom's somewhere ... I'll just have to get some new label tape ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved that label maker! remember that orange little thing so well!