Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hmmm ... I wanna learn more about this guy ...

Today for my bike ride I deleted some songs from my Mp3 player and added a few more ... One of them was the 1978 song by Boney M called Rasputin (click here for a YouTube video of the song) and just see if you don't end up singing along !!!!

When I was out riding on my bike it came on and I was transported back to the days of my childhood when I first heard the song while driving around with my Big Brother Bill in his mid-70's Dodge, on the way to a movie, or some other happening ...

But then as I pedalled I listened to the words I've been able to sing along to for almost 30 years and realized, this Rasputin guy was pretty off the hook ... He knew how to "party hardy" to use the modern parlance ... he was an enigmatic mix of priest and person that few were ready for ...

I came home to start learning more about this Mad Monk of Moscow ... I can only say - I kinda like the guy ... he was way, way, way out there ... (to learn more about Rasputin click here)

Wish I could grow a beard like his ... and have that intense look !!!

1 comment:

laughing pastor said...

Good heavens....that song will make you pedal....even in windy weather.