Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An Epiphany Moment ...


While I was biking through Riding Mountain National Park I realized a few things about myself ...

.

I have the soul of an artist ... I yearn to create and to stand in the presence of creativity ...

.

I have the soul of a prophet ... faith demands action ... action borne of faith is a gift from God ...

.

I have the soul of a writer ... words ebb and flow within me ... my heart yearns to tell the stories it carries ...

.

I have the soul of a child ... life is a wondrous place filled with awe ... like a child I trust openly and easily, and have borne many hurts from the maliciousness of others ... life remains a gift to be celebrated and enjoyed ...

.

I have the soul of an intellectual ... the number they apply to my IQ means nothing ... the hunger to learn and grow and experience life drives me forward ...

.

I have the soul of an artist ... music, words, literature ... where there is beauty I find fullness ...

.

As I pedaled through the wilderness of Riding Mountain I heard for the first time in many months, the voice of my soul telling me something I had simply forgotten ...

.

I am not what people think of me ...

.

I will not be defined by labels applied by others ...

.

I will not be limited by expectations imposed from outside ...

.

and most of all, I will not allow my reality to be affected by the gossip and lies that people have chosen to believe about me ... the salacious crap that is passed by those "who know" is simply that ... and I AM better than ALL of it !!

,

On Sunday as I pedalled I heard my soul whisper to me the hopes, the dreams and the aspirations I had allowed to be surpressed and denied in the name of expediency ...

.

On Sunday when I turned my bike around, the voice of my soul began to lead the way ...

.

My job now is to follow ... and in faith, I can ... and I will ...

.

We shall just have to wait and see where this journey leads ...

No comments: