Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Views from Today ....

Sorry about the quality ... still making due with my cell phone camera !!!

But below are some shots I took on my bike ride along the Central Trail in Riding Mountain National Park ... The sun was shining, the air was warm ... and so I threw my bike in the back of the van and headed up the highway ...

It was an awesome ride - I made it to the old POW Camp site at Whitewater in about 30 minutes, had a lunch and water break and went another 20 minutes west ... then turned around and came back to the van ... The colours were incredible ... and the scenery was, as always - simply stunning !!!

My one regret is NOT having my digital to take better pics ... oh well, the ones in my head are pretty impressive !!!

The top photo is the trail I pedalled about 15 kms each way ... the second one is one of the only signs the POW camp was there - the foundation of one of the buildings, the third picture is of an old dug out canoe left behind by the POWs at the Whitewater camp as it slowly returns to nature, and the last one is the river that meanders alongside where the canoe has rested for the last 60 years ...

Enjoy:





No comments: