Sunday, September 30, 2007

Overheard at the Scrabble Board ...


Grandma: "This is a word isn't it?" as she spelled out L-A-B-I-A on the scrabble board.

M (the nurse): "Yup, that's a good word!!"

Ms H. "What is it?"

M: "It's part of the female anatomy," taking the dictionary out of Beetle's hands she then read the entire definition.

Beetle: "Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!! YOU can't use that word!!! That's DISGUSTING!!!"

M: "Why is it disgusting? YOU have one !!"

Ms H: "MOM !!!! I don't want to hear it !!"

(OH where is Meg Hickling when you need her ???)

M: "It's true ..."

Beetle & Ms H.:"SHUT UP !!! WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE !!!"

2 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Too funny. That's what you get for playing scrabble with medical people. I know aaaaaalll about it.

If you want to freak 'em out even more, tell them that they actually own TWO EACH.

My personal favourite scrabble word is "peticiae", which are little tiny burst blood vessels... More gross than sexy, I guess... But if you don't know the definition, it sounds rawther jaunty when you say it out loud.

shauna said...

Oh, now that is just too funny! All I gotta say is I love grandma. What a woman won't do to win a scrabble game.