Monday, September 10, 2007

Israeli Neo-Nazis ??

The only word that I can offer in response to the news that Israeli Authorities have arrested several young men of Russian backgrounds as part of an investigation into Neo-Nazi crimes in Israel is simply:

REVULSION!!
-
I still vividly remember the visit I made as a part of a University of Toronto study tour to the Middle east back in the late 1980's to the Yad Vashem Memorial to the Holocaust, just outside of Jerusalem ...
-
The images are indelibly burned into my mind ... the stark sculptures remembering the 6 million who perished at the hands of the Nazis ... the lone shoe remembering the 1.5 MILLION children ... the pile of suitcases ... the eternal flames ... and most troubling of all: the Memorial Chamber for the children where the light of a Menorah is reflected into infinity as the names of EACH one of the 1.5 MILLION children is repeated as a remembrance to their brief lives that were snuffed out by a systemic evil ...
-
I can never forget ...
-
and today I simply can not believe that in Israel of ALL places a group of misguided youth have allied themselves with something so utterly horrible as the Neo-Nazi movement ...
-
Have we learned NOTHING in the last 60 years??
-
Today I am truly speechless !!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: