Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"We are NOT alone ..." - Laughing and sharing and changing the world:


One of the most frustrating things about choosing to blog and NOT hide my identity has been the attacks I've experienced from those who have an axe to grind, an agenda to impose, or who simply disagree with what I think and say, and aren't willing to sit down and discuss it in a reasonable way ... The hate-filled anonymous comments have been legion, and the attacks on me as a person and as a minister have been breath-taking ... Some days I have wondered "WHY?" - Why continue to expose myself to this? Why keep doing this? I've even considered walking away and being done with it ...
.
But I won't. And I don't.
.
I love what I do too much.
.
I love the Church as people and as action too much.
.
I love my life too much to let people like that win.
.
But even in saying that, sometimes it's hard because mine is not a career path that is easy nor comfortable. It is a lonely profession. You are asked to toil in places where few want to go, and fewer still are welcomed. Yet, it is a profession that with the core of my being - I LOVE.
.
And lately, I've begun to realize - I'm NOT alone ...
.
Last week one day a friend suggested I check out a Blog by a Pastor in the states ... I did. It was good. But then I bounced through his links and began to find a cyber-gathering of clergy who share some of the frustrations I've been living the last few years. I felt like I had stepped into Nirvana (the place, not the band!!??) ...
.
So with no further adieu - Check out these links - click with an open mind and you won't be disappointed:
.
The Laughing Pastor (I LOVE this blog - so much of it resonates with me and my blog !!)
,
PT Pastor (a blog where politics, theology and life intermingle)
.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great sites, thanks for the links