Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sorry to disappoint you all ...

I believe in truth and honesty.
I tolerate no deception, nor lies.
I am fiercely loyal to my friends and family, and expect the same in return.

I may get a few steps ahead of the flock I have been called to lead, but I never lose sight of truth, justice, integrity and honesty in anything that I do.

I may have made mistakes in my life, but I will own them, and I will face the consequences of them.

I may not be as strong as the mask I've learned to wear, or the persona I've been forced to embrace by my career, but I am strong enough to withstand the worst anyone can throw at me.

At the end of the day, I can still look myself in the eye with integrity and the certainty that I am a good person and I live my life looking out for others, and without compromising my principles or my faith ...

I have been falsely accused of many things ... I could inventory them here, but to what end? Too many who come here are not interested in the the truth anyway. They are waiting to see me implode or crash and burn. They are more interested in watching the destruction of a human life, than standing on values of truth, integrity and faith. They've heard the gossip and held it as Gospel, and aren't going to hear anything else ...

So ... in time the truth of those false accusations WILL be revealed ... but today isn't that day. Those who await for my demise will be disappointed today ...

I won't give them that satisfaction. They've done their worse, and I might be bloodied and battered, but I'm not beaten.

I'm better than that.

It may take me awhile to regain my feet and find my pace ... but I WILL ...

In this moment, the rubber hits the road ... If you're here waiting to see my demise, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I'm not going anywhere ...

I WILL speak the truth.

I will openly and honesty share with people has gone on over the last two years. I'm even willing to name names, provide dates and offer the documentation to back it up ... my actions are a matter of public record ... others have not been so open nor honest ... and THEY have something to fear ...

I WILL defend myself, my reputation, my family and what I value.

Today I dig in my heels ... silence in the face of untruth and toxicity is not an option ...

Today I begin my journey back ... I'm not going anywhere. I've not leaving.

Oh and for the record - I've NOT been fired. I'm on a suspension !!!!

Jeff Foxworthy (the comedian) once mused about being a Southerner - "why do the most illiterate and ignorant among us always manage to be the one's interviewed when a disaster happens?"

Well, today I can't help but wonder why in the Church the most ignorant and illiterate among us are the ones who manage to set the agenda and direct the conversation when a crisis hits??

Today it stops.

Today the truth begins to roll forth like a stream ... and there will be some who get washed away ... I've stood silently for too long trusting in "the system" and it's gotten me no where ... today I begin to trust in myself ...

I'm still standing ... and that WON'T change ... the storms can rage - but I will stand fast!!!!

The only thing that changes today is that those who claim to be a friend and act otherwise have no place in my life anymore ... I don't have the energy to waste any more ... today I put myself first ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn

You go man go!!!!!!!!!!!

and do put yourself first, it is about time.

Indigo