Sunday, August 19, 2007

Claiming BACK my Sanctuary ...

(I Just liked the picture ... no connection to today's entry ...)

Last night I arrvied at my mom's after a 36 hour period of time in which I drove 2425.2 Kms !!(that's 1506.9 MILES !!) After a late supper I went for a walk ... at first I wandered around the streets near her house, then I headed off (in the dark) to explore the Golf Course where I used to work ...

One of my favourite memories of my time working at the Stratford Golf and Country Club is the time I spent doing the Night Watering ... I would work from 7 or 8 o'clock at night till 3 or 4 in the morning ... as the job descriptions suggests - I watered the golf course through the night ...

I loved the job - it was peaceful, there were no distractions, I could read, listen to music, drive around - so long as the tees and greens were watered by morning, my boss didn't care ... It was a great job ...

Last night as I walked across the golf course in the dark I reconnected with that time and space in my life, but more importantly, I reconnected with a place of Sanctuary in my life ... I could feel my spirits life ... I could feel my batteries begin to recharge ... I felt peaceful and centred for the first time in quite awhile ... I know part of it is the place, part of it was the wash of memories, and part of it has been the experiences over the last few days as I got ready to come to Ontario and as I made the drive ... in concert these things came together to feed my soul ... something that had not happened for quite a while ...

I was a good night ... it is good to begin to feel recharged ...

Tonight I'm off to begin the assessment programme ... the road ahead is anything but clear ... I can only trust in God, and stand by my ministry and my faith ... and leave the rest in the hands of the cosmos ...

Talk to you soon ... Peace and Prayers Please !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayers and peace...you got it!
wendy

Gord said...

Well I was going to give you a call and check in this week but then I read that you weren't home. IF you choose to come back via the south route stop in and give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as you travel the road ahead. God be with you.

MK