Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Musings long after midnight ...

Friendships are funny things ...

Some people (not me) have many, many friends ... others have a few close friends ... some friendships last a lifetime ... other friendships glow fiercely then burnout quickly ... some friendships are healthy and affirming ... while at times other friendships are toxic and anything BUT affirming ...

In my life I can almost count on one hand the number of close friends I have had and have remained in touch with ... the path of my life has lead me away from dear, cherished old friends, and has at times brought me wondrous new friends ... and every once in a while, there is a turn or a twist in my life journey that brings an old friend back ... I feel very blessed when that happens ...

The nice thing about friendship is that it is a living, breathing things where two lives come together and build a relationship. I feel blessed and honoured even to have less than a dozen people I can call true, close friends in my life because they are good people and they each bring something wonderful to my existence, and I am blessed to know them.

To be honest, I weep when a friendship ebbs or even ends ... I miss those lives who have moved out of touch and from whom I hear nothing ... I forsake no friend lightly nor easily ... they are all like precious jewels to me. But I trust in the cosmos that when, for whatever reason a friend moves away from me and we fall out of touch, that they will know that I am only a note, a call, or a visit away ... if they need me, I will always be there ...

There may be distance, but the friendship remains ...

So, to all my friends, both past and present I can only say to them - "Speak the word and I will be there for you ... call me, and I will always be there ..." I am only as far away as you want me to be ...

My friends are too precious to simply give up ... I never forget a friend, and I hope they know and remember that if they need me, I will ALWAYS be there for them ...

No comments: