Monday, June 04, 2007

Today with Monty ...

The sun was shining, the air was warm,
and even though the wind was gusty at times,
it was a beautiful day for Golf.
Auntie W (Noahkila's Godmother) and I hit the local links,
we played a full 18 holes, with a pause for lunch,
walking the whole way - just enjoying the day.
There were ducklings, goslings, turtles and
dozens of birds spread across the course.
I can't say I broke 100 ... but that doesn't matter,
it was a fun way to spend a sunny day.
And I learned that Monty doesn't like Golf ...
... he wandered off for awhile !!
I suppose it just means that
I'll have to hit the links again sometime !

3 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

Glad to hear you still enjoy playing golf!! I've only got the memories of WATERING the golf course, zooming around in the cushman after all the golfers went home...

Reverend Shawn said...

You remembered the name of the truckster ???!!! I'm impressed!!

Good times !!! I still fondly remember the chaos and the craziness of night watering ... and I miss it ...

I had forgotten about you coming with me ... you've made me smile at the recollection ...

Now that I think about it ... I recall a bat incident one night too ... hmmm !!???

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, thanks a LOT. You've made MY morning...

Ew.