Saturday, June 16, 2007

See ya ...

I've know this day has been coming for well over a year ... he began looking for another Call many, many months ago ...

I've known he was heading off to a Congregation out west for several weeks ...

But it still hurt to go and to say good bye ...

Today I took an hour and zipped over to say my final farewells to a colleague and a brother in faith who for the last seven years has been so much more than just a friend ... There have been moments when I wanted to wrap my hands around his throat and choke the life out of him ... there have been moments when we've wept with laughter ... moments when we've wept at the unfairness of life ... he's made me laugh and cry (sometimes at the same time) ... he's made me mad and has offered me comfort and a listening ear ... he's inspired me and ticked me off ... his words have made me think and brought me comfort ... he has been like a brother to me ... and over the last seven years he and I have journeyed through many diverse and interesting places ...

I could go on and on and on ... but tonight I can only look back with appreciation at how much his friendship has meant to me over the last seven years since I arrived in Minnedosa and we met the day we strolled into the office and introduced himself ... We've worked together ... we've had coffee and beer together ... we've spent endless hours talking about life, everything and even nothing at all ... and I will miss it all ...

And today as I backed out of his drive way, he stood and as I drove away he waved and I wept on the drive home ... I said good bye to a friend ... our paths are heading in different directions, and today I realized how much I'm going to miss him ...

God Speed to you Reverend Boyd, as you embark on new adventures, and may the Spirit continue to bless you in all her richness as you journey on ...

Keep in touch ... and who knows, maybe one day our paths will cross again ...

I hope so ... I truly hope so ...

No comments: