Wednesday, June 20, 2007

20 Books I've enjoyed over the last year ...


I try to read a minimum of a book a week, though in truth, I usually set the goal at 2 books a week, and yearn for enough time in my life to read 3 books a week ... BUT ... with a young family, a job that requires more than 40 hours a week, and innumerable other demands ... a book a week is at times a pretty good average ...

So last night I looked over the 100 plus books I've read in the last year, and realized there were some gems in that list ... So, here is a list of the twenty favourite books that I've read in the last year. They range from fiction to theology ... and many of them are available from, and indeed were borrowed from a Public Library ...

It's a diverse list ... but it was fun to make my way through it ... both reading and reviewing:

Cockeyed: A Memoir by Ryan Knighton
The History of Love by Nicole Kauss
Don't Eat This Book by Morgan Spurlock
The Man in my Basement by Walter Mosley
Chanda's Secret by Allan Stratton
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
Kissing in Manhattan by David Schickler
Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King
The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco
Scarred by Struggle, Transformed by Hope by Joan Chittister
Talk to the Hand by Lynn Truss
Marley and Me by John Grogan
The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy
New Rules by Bill Maher
Our Endangered Values by Jimmy Carter
Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
The Jade Peony by Wayson Choy
Divine Justice, Divine Judgement by Dan O. Vio
Where Have All the Prophets Gone? Marvin A. McMickle

They are in no particular order ... just as I've offered them.
Happy Reading this summer !!

No comments: