Thursday, May 03, 2007

So long as I don't look down ...

Today, I'm feeling kind of like Wile E. Coyote ...
... I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to even catch my breath,
I've had funeral after funeral after funeral,
I've been visiting with people all over town,
my day planner is charting very long days that keep piling up,
there are more worries and concerns in our community than I can count,
I've been busy preparing for services,
and lately I feel like I'm just trying to catch up ...
Today I kind of wondered whether I've run off the cliff
much like Wile E. Coyote does
when he is chasing after the Road Runner ...
... I just don't want to look down to find out ...
... maybe if I run fast enough I'll make to the other side ...
Let's HOPE so ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEEP MEEP!!

Keep your chin up even if you don't look down. The good thing about Wiley, even when he doesn't make it to the other side, he still lives to see another day!

Reverend Shawn said...

Gee thanks ...
I'll remember that when I splat into the desert like him too !!!

;-)