Saturday, April 14, 2007

Coffee ...

I hate to admit it, but I have spent a lot of my life looking for the "perfect" mug to savour the "perfect" cup of coffee from ...

I had a wonderful mug when I went off to study at Queens. It was the perfect size and shape for my daily consumption of coffee. It held the coffee at the right temp until the last drop was sipped. But then one day, through no fault of my floor mates, the mug met it's fate in the common room of our residence ... accidents happen ...

Since then I have searched for the "perfect" mug ... I have found the right size, but they don't keep the coffee warm ... I have found the right design, but they were too small ... I have found the right material to keep the coffee warm, but they were the wrong size ... I kept searching until Easter Morning when I found this coffee mug on the table ... I'm not happy with the Dizney-esque image, but the mug is damned near perfect ...

Two fills of it empty the coffee pot - perfect size!!
The coffee stays warm to the last drop - excellent!!
The handle is the right size for the mug so you can actually hold it - BONUS!!
And, inspite of the design on its exterior, it is an attractive mug - YES !!

This morning I brewed a pot of Cafe Awasa (Level Ground's Ethiopian Fair Trade AND Organic Coffee) ... and took the "perfect" mug to a whole new level ...

No comments: