Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Most Wanted ...


Last night, I became an Associate Member of The Royal Canadian Legion when I was sworn in at a brief ceremony here in Minnedosa at the Legion Club Room ...
One of the questions was whether I was a member of, or a supporter of any group that advocates sedition and the overthrow of the government ... as the question was asked I pondered the simple reality that - if we were true to the teachings of Jesus, we in the Church would be seditious, and would be guilty of overthrowing the government.
I honestly answered the question - "no, I have not been involved in any such group ..."
But then this morning I went to Aaron's blog and found the poster (above) and laughed ... I yearn to be in a Church that is regarded as subversive, seditious, and advocating the overthrow of a government that is complacent, and uncaring ...
For now, I guess I have to be satisifed rabble-rousing in my little corner in my own way ...
Maybe one day !!!???
We can always hope ...

No comments: