Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lenten Reflections ...

I found the postcard posted below at PostSecret yesterday, and I found myself agreeing with the sentiment ... Not that I advocate the giving up of Jesus for Lent, but just our narrow pre-conceived notions of who Jesus is/was/and shall be. The Jesus I advocate and ultimately believe in is not to be contained in any narrow constraint of religious dogma and doctrine.

The Jesus I believe in is a radical rabbi from Nazareth who revisioned God, the world and the experience of the Holy ... The problem isn't Jesus or his message. The problem is what the Church has done with both he and what he had to say ... I'm giving up the Church's idea of Jesus for Lent, and I'm getting back to basics ...

Wanna join me??

-----------------------------------------------------





No comments: