Saturday, March 24, 2007

If you wish upon a star???

I have seen exactly two shooting stars since we moved to Manitoba ... both were stunning with glittering tails like the image above ...

The first was a couple of years ago when the kids and I were walking home one night from the neighbours' house. I happened to look up to see an enormous plume of sparkles rocketing across the sky ... it was breathtaking ...

The second came the other night when I was talking on the phone with a friend ... we were discussing various struggles we're facing in our respective lives. As she was speaking I glanced out the window and gasped ... I saw a shooting star flying through the sky to the north of town ... sparkling, then fading and disappearing ...

At my gasp my friend said excitedly - "You saw a shooting star didn't you?"

I wanted to ask - "How did you know?" but instead I said - "Yes, I did. It was beautiful ..."

And the cosmos gave me a perfect, wondrous, and enchanted moment that simply took my breath away ...

I don't want to know 'how' she knew ... I'm just glad she did ...

No comments: