Monday, February 12, 2007

Rolling Art (Train Car Graffitti) ...

A blogger that I admire greatly once said - "you should always carry your camera, because you never know when something worthy to be blogged might happen ..."

Over the last few weeks I've sat in my office and watched at the Canadian Pacific trains pass by on the track a few metres away. I've been repeatedly struck by the art work that has festooned many of the cars. Some would call such art simply "vandalism", but I am one who sees the spray painted scrawlings on the assorted cars as a modern form of art.

For some time I've thought - "Gee, I wish I had my camera with me ..."

Today I did. I was walking up to Chipperfields for a late morning coffee when a long train rumbled into town. On a few of the cars were some funky graffiti tags ... They may not be art, but I know what I like ... So, in the name of on the spot Blogging, I offer a few of the images I clicked this morning from a west bound freight train ... (more will come ...)





No comments: