Monday, February 19, 2007

Prairie, Chipps and Minne, get a little sister ...

A couple of weeks ago I happened to be walking to Chippefields' for coffee when I noticed the art work that adorned the side of a passing freight train ...

To many it is simpl graffiti, but it has always struck me as a form of modern art that is posited on what is perhaps the world's largest mobile Art Gallery ... With thousands of train cars passing through hundreds of communities, we ALL have an opportunity to see for ourselves examples of urban art set free by unknown artists who have creatively (some would say - destructively) placed their art on the sides of train cars for all to see.

I've taken up thier challenge. I usually travel with my digital camera now, and have been intending to feature some of this Rolling Art on this blog, but today after a long cold walk along some of the grain cars parked on the sidings here in Minnedosa, I realized that the pictures could quickly over run the Blog ... So, instead I decided on my walk back to put them on a NEW Blog that will feature the Rail Road art that passes through town every day ...

So, Rolling Art was born ... with a few clicks of the key board, a couple of buttons pushed on the digital camera and some time ... the blogs I've tended over the last year got a little sister ... I'm not sure where she'll go ... but it will be a place where my camera and I are able to play ... feel free to join us: Rolling Art

No comments: